About the Ministry
River Run Spiritual Center (RRSC) is a New Thought Spiritual Center (i.e., church) now affiliated with Emerson Theological Institute. RRSC is a nonprofit California corporation, which functions as a “church without walls,” engaged in spiritual education and inspirational reflections (sermons) in an online environment. Focusing on the teachings of Jesus and the practical application of those teachings in daily life, River Run Spiritual Center is a positive, practical, and progressive approach to Christianity.
What We Believe
We believe God is All, in all, through all, and as all. As students of “positive Christianity,” we believe Jesus was our greatest teacher. He instructed us to follow Him, not just worship Him. If we study His teachings, and then practice them, we will find our lives can be much fuller than we ever thought possible.
- There is only one God, Omnipresence, Omniscience, Omnipotence. God is Spirit, the Source of all and the Life in all. God is All-Good.
- The Christ is the perfect expression of the Life of God, the perfect image of humankind in God-Mind, and is considered the Son of God.
- Jesus expressed and demonstrated the Life of God fully and taught humankind how to fully express and live from the Life of God.
- Humankind is made in the “image and likeness” of God, and is therefore, an individualized expression of God. Our inherent nature is divine, and therefore, fundamentally good. Our purpose is to live the teachings of Jesus, expressing unconditional love and acceptance for all.
- Using our gift of “free will,” we can freely choose to turn to the Presence of God within us in prayer and meditation for daily guidance and inspiration for every life decision.
Our intention is to share the message that life is much more than our five physical senses report to us. By using introspection, contemplative prayer and meditation, and facilitating workshops and classes on site and online, we foster further understanding of our spiritual nature for Religious Science, Unity, and other spiritual seekers. In this way, we help them to embody the spiritual teachings, making them practical for daily living. Our motto is “Teaching Practical Spirituality.”
View our Mission, Vision, and Values here.
Meet our staff here.